We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously.
Throughout this document, the terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer to Baramasa Media Private Limited. The terms “you”, “your” and “yours” refer to YOU (the individual whose personal data we are referring to).
Baramasa Media Private Limited is committed to keeping your personal data private.
We process any personal data we collect from you in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Notice. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data.
What personal data do we collect & process?
The categories of personal data that we collect and process are:
a.) When you Sign In or register to our website, we collect personal data such as contact details, like your name and email address.
b.) When you subscribe to our services, we collect your personal data such as
– Contact details like your name and email address.
– Financial data like payment details (this data is encrypted with the payment gateway service provider. Baramasa’s access is limited to contact details, payment mode, and not details like the full card used and CVV number. That information is only with the payment gateway which is covered by RBI and financial regulators).
c.) When you sign up for our newsletter, we collect your personal data such as
– Contact details like name, email address, city name.
d.) When you visit and browse through our website, we may collect personal data through online identifiers and other technical data like IP address, transaction logs, and device details. These are features that are standard across all websites.
Where do we obtain your personal data from?
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
1) To verify your identity.
2) To deliver our services.
3) To communicate with you regarding existing services availed by you, including notifications of any alerts or updates.
4) To evaluate, develop and improve our services.
5) For product analysis.
6) To send you information about our other services which may be of interest to you.
7) To handle enquiries and complaints.
8) To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
9) To investigate, prevent, or act regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud and situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
Lawful bases of processing your personal data
We process your personal data by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
1) You have consented to us processing your personal data for specified reasons.
2) The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we have (for example, towards law enforcement agencies, government agencies, regulators, etc).
3) The processing is necessary for provision of certain services to you. For example,
We may use third parties in the provision of our products and services to you. We may share your personal data with such third parties that we use to deliver and distribute our stories. We have appropriate contracts in place with all such third parties. This means that they are not permitted to do anything with your personal data which is outside of the scope specified by us. They are committed to hold your personal data securely and retain it only for the period specified in our contracts with them.
1) Reasons for sharing your personal data with third parties:
We may disclose your personal data to third parties only where it is lawful to do so. This includes instances where we or they:
We may also disclose your personal data to appropriate authorities if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal process; protect the safety of any person; address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect our rights or the rights of those who use our products and services.
2) With whom your personal data may be shared:
We may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
– other group companies that are essential to hosting and distributing our content.
– any subcontractors, agents or service providers who work for us or provide services or products to us.
– law enforcement authorities, government authorities, courts, dispute resolution bodies, regulators, auditors, and any party appointed or requested by applicable regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities.
– statutory and regulatory bodies, authorities (including the government) investigating agencies and entities or persons, to whom or before whom it is mandatory to disclose personal data as per the applicable law, courts, judicial and quasi-judicial authorities and tribunals, arbitrators and arbitration tribunals.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information about your actions to the owners of the website.
Most web browsers allow you some control of cookies through browser settings.
We may also use trackers (such as web beacons, tags and pixels) on our website and other digital properties to collect data about you.
We may also collect personal data about you via our mobile app(s) via permissions in the app. This is primarily used to enhance the functionality of the app and to analyse it to serve you better.
We are committed to protecting your personal data in our custody. We take reasonable steps to ensure appropriate physical, technical, and managerial safeguards are in place to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, transmission, and deletion. We ensure that the third parties who provide services to us under appropriate contracts take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies.
We keep the personal data we collect about you for as long as it is required for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and for legal or regulatory reasons. We take reasonable steps to delete or permanently de-identify your personal data that is no longer needed.
For any further queries and complaints related to privacy, or exercising your rights, you could reach us at email@example.com
We regularly review and update our Privacy Notice to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate. Any changes we may make to this Privacy Notice in future will be posted on this page.